Great news for Sparklight cable customers! We will be upgrading your Interactive Electronic Program Channel Guide to offer a new look and enhanced user experience.
The upgrades will be performed on Motorola set-top boxes and DVRs, and will take place between Aug. 6 and Sept. 24, 2019. View a complete schedule at the end of this article to find out when upgrades will take place in your area.
While the basic functionality of the guide will not change, several features will be updated, such as improved readability, configurable colors, improved navigation, and enhancements to the DVR Skip Forward/Back feature (see below for details).
The guide upgrades will take place during the maintenance window, late Monday night into Tuesday morning, and may take anywhere from one hour to several hours to complete. The new guide will appear on Tuesday morning once the upgrade is completed.
While the upgrade is taking place, you will be able to watch TV and you will have access to the on-screen guide, but no programming details will be available. During this time “To Be Announced” will appear in the listings.
You can find the specific date for your location below. We appreciate your patience while we work to enhance this feature for you.
Tuesday, Aug. 6
Yazoo City, Bisbee, Globe, Safford
Tuesday, Aug. 20
Aransas Pass/Port Lavaca, Borger, Clarksdale, Cleveland, Elk City, Fannin/Sherman, Fargo, Grenada/Winona, Joplin, Miami, Texarkana
Wednesday, Aug. 21
Prescott, Cottonwood, Show Low, Lewiston
Tuesday, Aug. 27
Angleton, Anna, Ashdown, Auburn, Belle Chasse, Benton, Blanchard, Brazil, Clinton, Dexter, Flora, Hoopeston, Jasonville, Jerseyville, Kennett, Kingsville.
Tuesday, Sept. 3
Malden, McLeansboro, Mitchell, Monroe, Moweaqua, Nashville, Paris, Piggott, Popular Bluff, Schulenburg, Sour Lake, Sparta, Taylorville, Vincennes, Westville, Wharton.
Tuesday, Sept. 10
Ada/Sulphur, Altus, Anniston, Brookhaven/McComb, Columbus, Duncan, Kirksville, Natchez/Vidalia, Sioux City/South Sioux City, Odessa
Tuesday, Sept. 17
Ardmore, Bartlesville, Biloxi/Ocean Springs, Chanute, Parsons, Dyersburg, Emporia, Gulfport/Long Beach/Diamondhead, Independence/Neodesha, Norfolk/West Point, Ponca City, Pascagoula
Tuesday, Sept. 24
Boise/West Valley/McCall, Idaho Falls/Pocatello, Rio Rancho, Roswell, Twin Falls
Guide specific changes:
- Guide set (HD Zoom): Improves readability on DCX boxes.
- Set-top users will see a 3rd option in TV Setting Type called HD Zoom which displays the guide in a 4:3 canvas stretched to 16:9.
- Configurable Guide Colors: Include Gravity (Blue), Daylight (Gold), Enchanted Forest (Green) and Lavender (Purple).
- HD Auto Tune (HDAT) feature: Users can automatically tune to and record programs in HD instead of SD.
- HD Auto Tune “On”: Users can turn OFF and ON HD auto Tune under the “Guide Set-up” option. Existing DVR recordings will be recorded in HD which takes up more hard drive space. For new recordings users can choose to record in SD or HD.
- HD Auto Tune “Off”: Users can choose to record in SD rather than HD.
- HD Auto Tune “Disable”: With this option user will be able to turn ON and OFF Auto Tune under the Guide Setup option.
- The default setting will be: HD Auto Tune “Off.” Customers may leave the setting as-is, change to “On” to record shows in HD, or Disable.
- The Main Menu allows up to 2 pages (screens) of menu selections. Each page contains 2 columns of up to 5 items each, resulting in 10 selections or page or 20 selections in total.
- Quick Menu: Up to 10 icons located at the bottom of the menu, providing shortcuts to guide features and improved navigation.
- DVR Skip forward / Back: Allows users to jump forward or back in preset increments during buffered play or playback of a DVR recording. This function was previously introduced, but will be enhanced.
- Skip Forward button: Playback skips 30 seconds ahead.
- Page Up button: Playback skips 5 minutes ahead.
- Skip Back button: Playback skips 15 seconds back.
- Page Down button: Playback skips 5 minutes back.