Voting open through March 31, five winners to each receive $3,000
Sparklight today announced the finalists for its 4th annual “Dream Bigger” social media campaign, which offers schools and organizations serving K-12 students in communities served by the internet service provider the opportunity to win $3,000 to fund their science, technology, engineering or math project.
Public voting at sparklight.com/contest through March 31 will determine the five winners from among the 10 finalists, listed below:
- Aransas Pass for Youth, Inc. – Aransas Pass, Texas
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southwest Missouri – Joplin, Mo.
- Denison ISD B. McDaniel Intermediate School – Denison, Texas
- Edinburgh Middle School Science Olympiad team – Edinburgh, Ind.
- FIRST Robotics team 5461 – the Victorian Engineered Robotic Nation (V.E.R.N.) – Meridian, Idaho
- Middleton Middle School – Middleton, Idaho
- Ocean Springs Upper Elementary Computer Science/Coding Club – Ocean Springs, Miss.
- Pass Christian Public School District – Pass Christian, Miss.
- St. James Day School Science Olympiad Team – Texarkana, Ark.
- Winslow High School Robotics Club – Winslow, Ariz.
K-12 schools and organizations in communities throughout the 21 states Sparklight serves entered by submitting a written entry outlining how the award would be used to fund their technology project and how the project benefits students.
“Through our continued commitment to connecting the communities we serve, we are proud to provide resources enabling enhanced learning opportunities for the bright minds of the future,” said Trish Niemann, Vice President, Communications Strategy. “We are excited to see how the leaders of tomorrow will utilize technology both inside and outside the classroom to dream bigger through diverse and innovative ways.”