Sparklight®, a member of the Cable One family of brands, recently awarded a $5,000 grant to Faith4Hope Scholarship Fund through the company’s Charitable Giving Fund. Through this program, the company awarded more than $100,000 in grants during the winter of 2021 to 32 nonprofit organizations across its 24-state footprint.
Faith4Hope Scholarship Fund, a nonprofit committed to breaking through racial barriers and helping low-income families achieve independence, received a grant from Sparklight to help operate its food pantry and two food venues that provide free food to families in the community.
“Faith4Hope is in the business of changing and shaping lives and we aim to provide a holistic approach to solving some of our community’s biggest challenges with a variety of programs,” said Faith Dixon Shields, Faith4Hope Scholarship Fund Founder and President. “We’re excited to have recently opened our new Community Center serving BIPOC youth and live out our mission of providing after-school programming to ensure a better future for our young people and fighting hunger in our community head-on, daily, ensuring that no families have to go to bed hungry. Funding from this grant allows us to fulfill the latter part of our mission and focus our Community Center’s efforts on providing free food to those families in need in the Fargo and Moorhead community.”
The Charitable Giving Fund annually awards more than $200,000 in grants to local 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations served by Sparklight and the other Cable One family of brands (Fidelity Communications, ValuNet Fiber, and Hargray), and concentrates support in the following priority areas:
- Education and Digital Literacy
- Food Insecurity
- Community Development
Nonprofit organizations will have the opportunity to apply for a grant during open application periods each spring and fall. Applications for spring 2022 grants will open between April 1 -30, 2022.
“Through our philanthropic initiatives and support of our local nonprofit organizations, we are helping to build strong and vibrant communities, improve quality of life, and make a positive difference in the cities and towns where we live and work,” said Julie Laulis, Cable One President and CEO.
The Charitable Giving Fund is an extension of the company’s existing corporate social responsibility efforts, which include:
- Chromebooks for Kids, an initiative in which the company donates Chromebooks to Title I schools across its footprint. To date, the company has donated more than 2,000 Chromebooks to help bridge the digital divide in schools that lack funding.
- Supporting national organizations dedicated to advancing racial equality, justice, education and diversity, including the Equal Justice Initiative, the Emma Bowen Foundation and the National Diversity Council.
- Supporting the mission of Special Olympics Arizona, which provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports, as well as health, arts, and leadership and advocacy programs for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Planting trees through the Arbor Day Foundation on behalf of customers who switch to paperless billing. To date, the company has planted 120,000 trees in its markets and national forests.
- Supporting the mission of Keep America Beautiful in cleaning up and beautifying communities across the U.S.
For more information about Sparklight’s Charitable Giving Fund, visit www.sparklight.com/charitablegiving.